Podcast & Print Interviews
Community Classes & Workshops
For media or speaking inquiries please contact email@example.com.
Health Empowerment in Developing Countries
These workshops were taught in remote villages affected by poverty, afflicted with high HIV/AIDS rates, and isolated from hospitals and healthcare service centers.
The goal of these classes was to enhance the community members’ working knowledge of basic nutrition, hygiene, sanitation, and first aid to prevent the spread of disease, save lives, and help individuals understand the life or death situations that truly require medical attention.
All of the following programs were researched, developed, and delivered by Dr. Zelfand:
- CPR, Heimlich Maneuver, and Basic First Aid (3 hours)
- Nutrition, Lifestyle, and Hygiene for Pregnant Women (1 hours)
- Attending a Birth and Troubleshooting Obstetric Emergencies (2 hours)
- Puberty Talk for Adolescent Girls (1.5 hours)
- Nutrition Foundations & Meal Planning (1 hour)
- Hygiene & Sanitation for Disease Prevention (1 hour)
To ensure the continuation of health education, Dr. Zelfand trained local NGO workers as well as local empowerment volunteers in all course material before departing each region.